Nature at its best...
Monday, December 03, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Here are the highlights:
1. Right after work on Friday, the pre-game begins. I started drinking at 6:30pm. We then made our way down to DRU's 30th birthday party down at the Alibi Room. Dru's a popular guy, so it was a good sized crowd and it was a great mix. Made a point of it to try to talk to as many people as i could. it was tons of fun. its amazing how dance can really open people up... its a great ice breaker.
2. I can't remember what time i got home early Saturday morning, but i had to wake up at 10am. My niece is turning 1, and her parents decided to have a party at CEFA which is like a pre-shool/day care center type joint. Place was packed with kids and had a ton of cool rooms and a gym. I felt outta my element, i'm really not that great with kids... that and i was pretty much still drunken from the night before.
3. Later that day, headed to DTP (Driven To Perform) which is an import car show. A buddy of mine entered the contest and a couple of us were there to show some support. The show was pretty good actually.. there was tons to see. When all was said and done tho, my buds didn't win and was feelin kinda down. we cruised for a bit afterwards and eventually ended up at my brother's place for some after party eats and drinks. We had some good chatter there. Talked about joinin a gym and working out on a regular... definitely something to look forward to.
4. Sunday morning, wake up early AGAIN. this time for some Dim Sum. Bern's sister and fiancé are in town visiting from Ottawa. We decided to go to Greek Fest in the afternoon...it was my first time going to it...it was pretty cool.. i liked smelling the bbq meats.. but i was stuffed so didn't get any. Gotta go next year and do it up big.
5. Sunday evening had a big family dinner to celebrate my niece's birthday. actually it was birthday party #3 for her.. and there's gonna be another one on thursday. Dinner was quite tasty. mostly seafood. we even had abalone.. which was another first for me. i dunno.. it was good but, it wasn't delicious. makes me wonder why its so expensive and considered to be a delicacy.
Next weekend: VEGAS.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Toyota Hybrid X Concept
Why is it that production cars NEVER look as cool as the original concepts? I've always enjoyed looking at concept cars... its kinda like looking at the future isn't it? Its nice just to look at them for form. I always think the designers of these concepts must have such a great sense of abstraction. Any industrial designer for that matter. When they create something, its not like a graphic designer where often, its just a fusion of forms, subject matter, artwork, whatever content... kinda like a DJ makin a new beat by mixin 2 different ones that he/she found. With ID, its different. I mean they do have other cars/chairs/lamps/etc to reference, but the overall form.. thats gotta be completely intuitive. Its more like other art disciplines in this sense.. like dance, or abstract painting. This is the part of ID that i love. The end result is more about feeling rather then something comprehensible.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
I remember way back in foundation year while attending Emily Carr, I noticed other students had a project where they were to build a chair. I took the same course as they did, but happened to get a different instructor, and unfortunately my class did not get the pleasure to do the same project. At any rate, that must have been the first time I really started to appreciate chair design and industrial design in general.
3 of my favourite chairs happen to be the barcelona chair, the eames lounge, and Le Corbusier's LC2. Yes, all 3 are classic designs and when I think about them today, I think to myself, "aren't they EVERYONE's favourite chairs?" Kinda makes me wanna learn more about other designs, and find lesser known chairs that I can dream about having in my future home. I guess it's the sneakerhead in me... you know always gotta be different, or always tryin to one up the otha sneakerhead. Its childish, but I can't deny that its part of the game.
ANYWAY, here's a look at a cool project that Dirk Winkel manifested. Its my 3 favourite chairs in stackable plastic form!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
I just watched this short film online.. and um.. it just reminds me that I still have a TON of growing up to do! I'm watchin it and think to myself how ridiculous I can get with my spending. Too bad they don't interview OLD kids like me.
Filmmaker Laura Greenfield recently created a documentary on the relationship between kids and money in the Los Angeles area. You’ll find situations at opposite spectrum which really enables you to classify your own personal financial situation. Some kids in LA are caught up in this perpetuating cycle where if you aren’t rocking expensive stuff then you aren’t popular. Another interesting point one of the interviewee brings up is our generation’s obsession with instant gratification. The interviewee openly confesses that buying a new pair of shoes results in that instant happiness that saving for a car won’t bring. You can view this interesting short film at NY Times Shorts.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Monday, June 04, 2007
Sunday, June 03, 2007
2. Played some poker with some good good company. Its been a while since the last time i've played. Was the first to get knocked out, but it didn't matter, it was just nice to hang out with dem peeps. There was some dayam good BBQ sausage too!
Saturday, June 02, 2007
First time i saw this type of technology was at Bruce Mau's exibit: Massive Change. I knew it would be the wave of the future.. and here it is.. well here it almost is anyway. Remember when Elisha Cuthbert was on the show Popular Mechanics for kids? Can't believe she's dating that Sean Avery guy.
Friday, June 01, 2007
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Its about time Nike is attacking the Agassi line, but I do hope they come out the OG black and infra red Air Tech Challenges. These were the second generation flourescent coloured Tech Challenges that Agassi litterally rocked out. Props to him for changing the face of tennis.
Can you point out the inconsistencies when compared to the originals?
Why is tennis in the state it is?? Why isn't it exciting anymore? When it was MacEnroe, Agassi, Chang, Edberg, Lendl, Becker.. man.. I was glued.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
i gotta say my mind just hasn't been right. Creatively its just been a huge struggle. Gotta jump back on the horse tho.. do them 15 minute drawings agaain.. and also gotta pump out a couple more t-shirt designs for some upcoming events.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Anyway, this week is gonna be busy. Along with the full-time position, I've also have another possible freelance gig this week AND i've also got 3 pending t-shirt designs yet to be completed. I think i might skip out on my 15 minute drawings and focus my attention on these projects.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Some ol skool pics of Jordan rockin em:
On the same day, the "Flips" will be released. I'm really not sure how i feel about these just yet. I'm usually against the whole elephant print overkill, but these Flips aren't lookin too bad at all.
And finally, the "Cool Greys" are ready to be sold this weekend Feb 24th. I ain't feelin these at all. Actually, I think the sample shown below it is way more attractive. Something about yellow outsoles that makes me happy.