Sunday, June 03, 2007

Less thinking, more doing.


Had a jammed packed end of week/weekend. A bunch of things happened that seemed to give me a bunch of optimism... and now it feels like things are going to start to happen.


Here are some of the highlights:


1. Had an evening out with our good friend Norman who was visiting from TO. He said this to me that night: sometimes its not about deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life, sometimes what you do for the rest of your life finds you.


2. Played some poker with some good good company. Its been a while since the last time i've played. Was the first to get knocked out, but it didn't matter, it was just nice to hang out with dem peeps. There was some dayam good BBQ sausage too!

3. Went to a dinner party with what seemed to be the entire vball community of Vancouver. Definitely an interesting experience. It really forced me to break outta my shell a bit. Meet new people, re-connect with old ones. High fiving with strangers. It made it feel like being social could be an easy thing to do once again.


4. Ate some Pho with some friends. Always delicious and a good time. Some chatter about settin up shop and doing some screen printing has really gotten me excited.


5. Walked around downtown while the sun was blazing. Got some attention for some art i did on Bern's kicks. Actually had some good conversation about it... potentially more on this LATER.. don't want to reveal too too much before anything actually happens.


6. Celebrated our Cambie Volleyball League win at the Eatery. Out of 24 teams we managed to win our division (Silver) this year. Part of the prize was a $100 gift certificate to the Eatery. We ate well. Definitely a satisfying meal. Afterwards we went to La Casa Gelato. I had blueberry cheesecake gelato on a cone to top off my weekend.


Things are starting to look a little more clearly. I really do just gotta live my life and not question it as much as I have been. Good things will happen if you just keep on pedalling.


I saw this quote on the Hundreds blog a while back: “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”


And thus I just gotta sustain this and keep pushing forward.

No comments: